Find a Feeder

Monday, October 29, 2012

Where Are All The People?



Where are all the people? Well this morning they are probably home in bed, but yesterday I know where a lot of them were! I was driving down Baltimore Pike past the Wine and Spirits Shop in Springfield PA and I wondered why the parking lot was mobbed. Then it occurred to me, STORM PARTIES.

Yes, some people, instead of hitting the grocery store were hitting their local liquor store to stock up...just in case (or by the case as I saw). Bad weather brings out all the crazies at the food store, obviously they hit the liquor store as well.

I didn't stop in at the Wine and Spirits Shop, there wasn't a parking space to be seen (and I didn't want any wine or other spirits) but wow, I was amazed at the number of people who were obviously planning on being marooned for a long time based on the quantity of liquor they were buying.

I guess it never occurred to me that stocking up on liquor might be one thing many people consider part of their 'emergency preparedness.' No first aid kits or generators for them, nope, give them those cases of alcoholic beverages of their choice!

So I hope they are all enjoying their wine and other spirits... Different strokes... This blog post was written by the woman who has a bottle of rum at her house, for the sole purpose of making rum cake! So I guess that is why it never occurred to me to make a wine run! Hope everyone enjoys their Frankenstorm partying!

No comments:

Post a Comment