Find a Feeder

Thursday, June 21, 2012

How Hot Is It?

How hot was it today? Hot enough to head for Mad Mex in Willow Grove! Dinner time was the time for some great Cal-Mex food! The heat in the food cools you off, and if you head to Mad Mex you can also enjoy their Big Azz Margaritas or great craft beers for some additional cooling.

We were doubly fortunate, it was my husband's birthday (so he had signed up for their Birthday Club) and had a free burrito! Mad Mex doesn't just serve a burrito, no it serves a BIG AZZ Burrito! I've never seen a burrito that big in my life! (Our waitstaff, Tasha, very nicely boxed it up for him to bring home ) (I'm hoping he's not eating it for breakfast in the morning!)

Manager Dave greeted us and welcomed us to Mad Mex. This guy works hard! I can't remember the last time I saw a manager who was so on top of everything happening in the restaurant. Everyone from the hostess (who greeted and sat us promptly) to the waitstaff and bus persons were all working hard to get everyone their food and anything else that needed refilling (umm...like those Big Azz Margaritas or beers!)

I know it's going to be another hot day today and tomorrow, so if you are looking for a great place to go and cool off, head to Mad Mex, locally in University City and Willow Grove.

My personal recommendations? The jumbo shrimp fajitas! Like the burrito, it was a huge serving, unlike my husband, I ate mine! Pigged out enjoying the shrimp but left some of the fajita toppings and taco shells. These certainly could feed you for more than one meal! By all means wrap half up and take it home! Beware the cilantro lime dressing, it's super hot (at least to this New Jersey wimp!) I'll skip salad next time and just enjoy my entree.

So if you are looking for a fun destination for tomorrow where you can cool off and enjoy some great food, head to your local Mad Mex! And enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment