Find a Feeder

Saturday, March 10, 2012

No Shirt, No Shoes, ... No Subscription

To ELLE Magazine that is. If ELLE Magazine, Harper's Bazaar, Vanity Fair, Marie Claire and German Vogue think I find their cover shots of naked pregnant celebs attractive, they need to think again. ELLE is the most recent offender with their shot of a nude Jessica Simpson 'gracing' their cover. While I may be in the minority I had to speak up (I know, I'm never shy about speaking up, which of course you've figured out if you've been reading my blog.)

While I won't claim to only read magazines 'for the articles,' I'd rather not have naked celebs staring up at me as I get my mail, or on my coffee table where I keep my magazines, or in my tote on the way to a meeting on the train. I have nothing against nudity. And yes, I get it, pregnancy is natural etc. etc. etc. But frankly, I don't want naked pregnant celebs blazoned across the covers of fashion mags (or the more upscale VF). I like feeling like I can grab a magazine and head out of the house without worrying about covering the magazine with a brown paper cover.

I know, Americans are prudes compared to the people around the world. And I'm an OLD prude! In a time when kids (and even some old politicos) are 'sexting' I just don't see the appeal.

I know our art museums are filled with paintings of famous nudes. Somehow I don't see Jessica Simpson et. al. becoming the artistic nudes of our day. So to any other magazines who'd like me to continue to subscribe, please, nix the nude pregnant celebs 'gracing' your covers.

What do you think? Do you like the nude celeb covers on your magazines?

No comments:

Post a Comment