Find a Feeder

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Women Helping Women

I have to admit, I've been very proud of my sex lately. I've watched women bond together to help families suffering through Hurricane Sandy, I've seen women generously getting together to raise money for everything from AIDS research to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation to St. Jude's to Cradles to Crayons. And I've seen them generously reaching out to their friends or colleagues on a one on one basis.

What makes women so giving? Why are women always out there willing to help someone in need? Whether storm victims or abuse victims or someone with a child who needs help, I've seen women reach out to help each other in times of need. Women supporting women. Supporting others who are in need.

I have to say, I'm proud of them, all these other women. Some of them are people I know either through business or just casual contacts, some are family, some are total strangers, but all of them have one thing in common--they care. And they do something about it.

I've personally seen people reach out to help my daughter who has a disability or two, but who is really quite capable with a little help from her friends--that's the key. All of us need a little help now and then. You never know when it will be your turn to need help, so it's always time to give help if you can.

So if you can give, just a little, to someone else in need this holiday season please do. And it doesn't have to be monetary giving. Give your time. Your efforts. Your smile. Take the time to listen to someone who is lonely and needs an ear. Those are equally appreciated. I know, we're all busy, but fit it in. Your holidays will be the richer for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment